A Forklift Accident Attorney in New York Who Knows How to Get Results
Compared to bulldozers, cranes or excavators, forklifts can seem fairly small and easy to maneuver. But the truth is that each year, construction site workers, factory employees and warehouse staff are hurt or killed by forklift accidents. Because the forklift palette can be raised, extended, lowered or retracted—and since forklift weight capacity ranges from 1-ton inventory loads in a warehouse to 50-ton shipping containers in dockyards—the potential for forklift operator injury is very high.
Forklift Driver Injuries Can Be Debilitating—Call Us Today For Fierce Legal Representation
Forklift injuries can include back injury, shoulder and neck injury, knee injuries, broken bones and severe injuries requiring surgery, particularly if a forklift fell on you. Forklift accidents are covered by workers compensation benefits, and take many forms, including:
- Overloaded forklift tips forward
- Load falls off forklift, landing on a co-worker
- Forklift tips over, ejecting driver from cab
- Collides with other equipment or buildings
- Forklift falls off loading dock, ramp or dockside
- Hit by trucks or railroad cars while loading and unloading
- Loose or broken duckboards in a shipping yard
- Broken overhead guard, lifting chain, mast, carriage or crosshead
- Not enough forklift clearance, crushing overhead guard
New York Forklift Accident Attorneys Put Experience and Resources to Work For Clients
Whether you drive a warehouse pallet jack in Queens, a factory reach truck in Manhattan, a construction site walkie stacker on Staten Island or a rider order picking truck in a Bronx distribution center, any forklift that is not regularly inspected and repaired, or a defective forklift, could be hazardous to both the forklift operator and co-workers nearby.
If you or a loved one was injured in a forklift accident, take the right step by contacting an experienced forklift accident lawyer in New York. Call Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP toll-free at (800) 692-3717 or contact us online for a free evaluation. You deserve compensation for your injuries.