Xarelto Dangerous Drug Lawyer You Can Trust To Put Your Best Interests First
Xarelto (also known as rivaroxaban) has recently been linked to many different dangerous side effects, including severe uncontrollable bleeding. Some of the serious side effects linked to this dangerous drug marketed as a blood thinner include:
- Blood clots
- Brain hemorrhaging
- Internal bleeding
- Pulmonary embolisms
- Rectal bleeding
- Adrenal bleeding
- Vomiting blood
In addition, there is no antidote to some of the complications caused by Xarelto. The original U.S. label for Xarelto did not contain a warning about the lack of a reversal agent. As a result, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) changed its boxed warning on Xarelto in March 2014.
If you or a loved one is suffering from side effects or other serious health problems caused by Xarelto, contact New York City law firm of Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP. Call 800-692-3717 for a free consultation. One of our experienced attorneys may be able to help you obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve. You may be entitled to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages.
Why is Xarelto considered dangerous?
Bayer AG and Johnson & Johnson created Xarelto and marketed the drug as a treatment alternative to warfarin (Coumadin), a long-established safe treatment for preventing stroke and systemic embolism. Unlike older anticoagulants, Xarelto belongs to a new type of oral anticoagulant. Manufacturers claim it can be prescribed safely in one uniform dose and without the need for monitoring.
All blood thinners carry the risk of internal bleeding, but older drugs like Warfarin have emergency antidotes to prevent serious harm. Xarelto does not have an antidote, and the drug cannot be flushed out of the system through dialysis. People who suffer bleeding can end up hospitalized. In some cases, the bleeding may be severe or even fatal.
What are symptoms of serious side effects of Xarelto?
Symptoms of dangerous side effects associated with Xarelto cover a wide range. Some of the most common signs that you or a loved one may be experiencing a serious bleeding event due to Xarelto include:
- Brown or red urine
What should I do if I experience side effects caused by Xarelto?
If you or a loved one taking Xarelto notice any health problems caused by the drug, we advise you to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention – Don’t try to diagnose yourself or “tough it out.” Seek professional medical treatment right away if you experience any of the symptoms or side effects commonly associated with Xarelto.
- Keep a medical journal – Evidence builds strong legal cases. That’s why it’s important to document health problems caused by Xarelto. Write down in detail your side effects or symptoms. And make sure to include the exact time and location where you experienced these health issues.
- Contact us – We know how to build strong cases, and we have the case results to prove it. Make sure your case receives the attention it rightfully deserves. Contact Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP.
Why should I hire Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP?
Insurance companies and drug manufacturers sometimes make financial offers to people suffering from serious health problems caused by dangerous drugs. These offers might seem generous. If you receive one, you might think you don’t need legal counsel.
Don’t be so sure. In most cases, insurance companies and drug makers make offers to consumers adversely affected by their products before knowing the true cost of the health problems linked to the drug. The long-term effects of Xarelto can sometimes be very severe – and very expensive. From emergency medical bills, to lost income and long-term physical therapy, you need to consider the total cost, not simply the short-term impact.
At Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP, we have years of experience successfully obtaining sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families in New York City and throughout the country. An experienced lawyer working on your behalf can take an aggressive stance right from the start, including:
- Thoroughly investigating your case
- Consulting with experts in their field
- Dealing directly with drug manufacturers and insurance companies
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf against a drug maker or insurance company
- Taking other legal action if necessary
We will not rest until justice is served. Your case matters here. Contact Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP, and schedule a free case evaluation. Call (800) 692-3717 or fill out our online contact form. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you get your life back on track.