New York City Workers Compensation Lawyer
When you're hurt at work in New York, we go to work for you
New York City is known for a lot of things, but at the end of the day, it's workers who make the city work. Whether you work on a construction site or behind a desk, a work injury can derail your life in a hurry. That's why it's important to get experience on your side as you navigate the workers' compensation system. You need a NYC workers' compensation attorney at Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP.
We handle all of the following cases on behalf of NYC workers:
- Work Accidents
- Work Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Social Security Disability
- Civil Service Disability
- Personal Injury
Workers are hurt in NYC every year
Workplace accidents in New York City can lead to a wide range of injuries. Some common types of injuries seen in NYC workplace accidents include:
- Slips, trips, and falls – Workers may fall from heights, such as scaffolding or ladders, or slip and fall on wet or uneven surfaces, leading to fractures, sprains, and head injuries.
- Lifting injuries – Overexertion and heavy lifting can cause strains and sprains in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These injuries are commonly seen in industries that involve manual labor, such as construction, manufacturing, and warehouse work.
- Crush injuries – Workers in industries with heavy machinery, construction sites, or manufacturing plants may be at risk of crush injuries. These can occur when body parts are caught between moving parts of machinery or objects, leading to severe fractures, amputations, or internal injuries.
- Electrical injuries – Electricians and workers in industries where electrical equipment is used face the risk of electrical injuries. Electrical shocks can cause burns, cardiac events, nerve damage, and other serious injuries.
- Cuts and lacerations – Workers who handle sharp objects or work with machinery that performs cutting or shearing actions may experience cuts and lacerations. These injuries can range from minor cuts requiring stitches to severe wounds that may result in permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Repetitive motion injuries – These can occur when employees perform the same movements over and over again, resulting in pain, numbness, and weakness in the affected areas.
Don't get hurt again - get a NYC attorney who knows your rights
Under New York law, if you're injured on the job, you get compensation for all of your medical expenses and a percentage of your lost wages if you can't work during your recovery. If you have a permanent injury to your extremities, you can also get compensation for permanent partial disability (PPD), whether you can still work or not. You get workers' compensation regardless of fault - if it happened at work, your employer's insurance company has to pay.
But that doesn't mean getting the compensation you need is simple. The insurance company may dispute whether you were really hurt on the job, especially if you have an injury like carpal tunnel that was sustained over a period of time. They may question the extent of your injuries or even argue that you're faking it. We know how to fight back. Our NYC workers' compensation attorneys have a strong track record - over 100,000 clients represented and billions recovered for workers in New York City and statewide.
The lawyers at our firm can investigate your workplace accident by carefully reviewing documentation, gathering evidence, and interviewing witnesses. We build strong cases and can guide you through the claims process every step of the way. And if your claim for benefits is denied, we will fight for you in negotiations, hearings, and appeals. We’re dedicated to helping you get the results you need and deserve.
If you've been injured, you need to meet with a NYC workers' compensation lawyer at our firm today. We have multiple offices in New York City and serve injured workers throughout the Five Boroughs. If you can't come to us, we'll be happy to come to you. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation - remember, you don't pay us a cent until and unless we win for you.
Our New York City Offices
551 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10176
180 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
2053 Flatbush Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11234
1775 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10453
118-35 Queens Blvd
Queens, NY 11375