Edgar N. Romano, Managing Partner
Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP
New York, New York
Mr. Romano, managing partner at Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP, handles workers compensation cases for the firm.
He received his undergraduate degree cum laude from Brandeis University and his Juris Doctorate degree from The John Marshall Law School. Mr. Romano litigates workers compensation claims, including cases involving occupational exposure, asbestos and industrial irritants. He has lectured extensively to labor unions and medical providers.
Mr. Romano is a Past President of the Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group and current President of the Society of New York Workers Compensation Bar Association. He is a member of the Leader's Forum of the American Association for Justice and Past Chair of the workers compensation section. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Jewish Lawyer's Guild, and New York Committee for Occupational Safety & Health (NYCOSH). Mr. Romano serves on the Advisory Committee of the World Trade Center Medical Monitoring Program at Mt. Sinai Hospital and on the Advisory Board of the I.J. Selikoff Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine. He is listed in "Who's Who in American Law."
Mr. Romano was named a Fellow of the College of Workers' Compensation in March 2015. Fellows are attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their practice in the field of workers' compensation.
Mr. Romano was selected to the Super Lawyers list for 2020 in the area of workers compensation by Super Lawyers magazine. He received this award each year between 2010-2019, as well.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
He has been included in the "2019 Top 100 Trial Lawyers in N.Y." by the National Trial Lawyers, a national organization composed of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state. Membership is obtained through special invitation only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, reputation, influence, stature, and profile as trial lawyers, both civil plaintiff and criminal defense. This is the seventh year that Mr. Romano has achieved this honor.
Mr. Romano was selected as one of the "Workers Compensation Notable People for 2008." These selections are made by the LexisNexis Workers Compensation Law Center, which states that "These exceptional people have worked tirelessly on behalf of their clients and others and have made significant contributions to the workers compensation system and/or the workplace." For the complete story, visit LexisNexis Workers Compensation.
Areas of Practice
- Workers compensation
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago
- Brandeis University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group - Past President
- Society of New York Workers' Compensation Bar Association - President
- American Association for Justice - Past Chair of the Workers Compensation Section and Member of the Leader's Forum
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Jewish Lawyer's Guild
- New York Committee for Occupational Safety & Health (NYCOSH)
- World Trade Center Medical Monitoring Program at Mt. Sinai Hospital - Member of the Advisory Board
- Who's Who in American Law
- Selected to Super Lawyers list in Workers Compensation, 2010-2020
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York, 2011-2019
- Inducted as Fellow of the College of Workers' Compensation, 2015
- A/V Preeminent Rating from Lexis/Nexus
- AVVO Rating 10.0, Superb, Top Attorney Workers Compensation
- Workers Compensation Notable Person 2008