Jordan A. Ziegler, Senior Partner
Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP
New York, New York
Mr. Ziegler, a senior partner at Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP, handles workers compensation, personal injury and Social Security disability claims for the firm, as well as civil service disability retirement pensions from the New York City and New York State and local retirement systems. He serves as chair to the law firm's Civil Service Disability Retirement Pension Department.
He received his law degree from The Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center at Touro College in New York, and received his undergraduate bachelor's degree from the George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts of New York and is an active member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, as well as the New York State, the National Association of Police Organizations (NAPO), and the New York Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health (NYCOSH).
Mr. Ziegler is disability counsel for numerous police and law enforcement associations and Police Benevolent Associations throughout New York State, as well as for utility worker and building trade unions. He is Suffolk County Police Benevolent Association Legal Benefit Fund Legal services provider, general counsel to the Suffolk County Police Columbia Association, Suffolk County Police Asian Jade Society, and Fraternal Order of Police Lodge, Riverhead, NY. He is Disability counsel to the Port Authority Police Benevolent Association, NYS Troopers Police Benevolent Association, Southampton Town Police Benevolent Association, and many other law enforcement unions and associations.
Jordan serves as the Vice-Chair of the Advisory Board of Occupational & Environmental Medicine of Long Island at the Northwell Health/ North Shore-LIJ Health System. He serves on the NYC Advisory board of the Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health, World Trade Center Health Program, Department of Environment Medicine and Public Health at Mount Sinai-Selikoff and the NYU/Bellevue occupational and environmental clinics on workers compensation in New York.
He initiated and established the workers compensation class curriculums taught at both the New York City District Council of Carpenters Labor Technical College and the Empire State Regional Council Carpenters Shop Steward certification programs and Apprenticeship Training Program, where he is the regular lecturer. He also lectures extensively in the areas of workers compensation, Social Security disability, personal injury and disability retirement pensions at many utility worker, trade union, and police and law enforcement training programs.
In addition, Mr. Ziegler is an adjunct professor and lectures at Touro Law School (Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center) in Central Islip, NY, and he has lectured and worked closely with the New York State AFL-CIO on its Workers Compensation Navigator Program.
Mr. Ziegler is an active columnist in magazines, newsletters and journals for various utility worker, trade union, and police and law enforcement associations and the author of the “The Little txt Book of Workers Comp” and “The Little txt Book of Civil Service Disability Pensions.” He is a board of director of Ronald McDonald House Metro New York, board of director of the Atlantic Marine Conservation Society and is a member of the Eastern Long Island Police Pipes and Drums marching band. He is a past president of Glen Oaks Club, and was named as one of Boardroom Magazine’s top twenty-two club presidents in the nation of 2021.
He was named as to the Super Lawyers list for 2022 in the area of workers compensation by Super Lawyers magazine. This is the seventeenth year that Jordan has received this prestigious award.
Mr. Ziegler resides in Great Neck, NY with his wife Wendy and his two sons, Zachary and Benjamin.
Areas of Practice
- Workers compensation
- Personal injury
- Social Security Disability
- Civil service disability retirement pensions
- The Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center at Touro College, Central Islip, New York
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State and American Bar Associations
- National Association of Police Organizations (NAPO)
- New York Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health (NYCOSH)
- Vice-Chairman, Advisory Board of the Occupational and Environmental Medicine Center of Population Health
- Board of Occupational & Environmental Medicine of Long Island at the North Shore-LIJ Health System
- World Trade Center Council Advisory Commission
- NYU/Bellevue occupational and environmental medicine clinics on workers compensation
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine of Long Island at NSUH/LIJ
- Serves as a member of the Board of Director for the Ronald McDonald House- Long Island
- Serves on the Board of Directors for AMSEAS, Atlantic Marine Conservation Society
- Named to Super Lawyers list 2006-2022 in the area of workers’ compensation
- Recipient of the Emerald Isle Immigration Center - Robert Briscoe Award
- Honoree Tilles Center Swing For Kids
- Honoree EAC Network
- Honoree Sunrise Day Camp