Brooklyn Civil Service Disability Pensions Lawyer
Are You an Injured Civil Servant? Call a Tough Brooklyn Civil Service Disability Attorney Today
Injured New York State and New York City employees and municipal workers often don't know that they qualify for civil service disability pensions if they find themselves unable do their job. But if you are suffering from a disease, illness, accident or disability, as a NY civil servant, you could be eligible for monthly payments from your New York City Retirement System or New York State and local retirement coverage. We've been helping hard-working New Yorkers like you for over 90 years, so if you can't go back to work because of being laid up with a sickness or injury, let us pursue your civil compensation!
The civil service disability pension application process is very time-consuming and tough to navigate, particularly when you're disabled or in pain. It can be challenging understanding municipal disability pensions and how they might apply to you because since there are a number of types of civil service disability claims you could make. It all depends on your profession, how long you worked and the dates of your employment. Being awarded benefits depends on which "Tier" applies to your line of work and when you joined or renewed membership in your retirement system.
Civil service disability claims can be complicated
While each case is unique, there are several common challenges or issues that can arise during the process of filing a New York civil service disability pension claim. Some potential problems include:
- Lack of medical evidence – Insufficient or incomplete medical documentation to support the claimant's disability and its impact on their ability to work.
- Inadequate application – Errors or omissions in the application, such as incomplete forms, missing information, or failure to meet specific requirements outlined by the pension system.
- Denial of eligibility – It is determined that the applicant does not meet the criteria for disability retirement under the established guidelines.
- Disputed cause of disability – Disagreements or disputes regarding the cause of the disability, such as whether it is work-related or the result of a pre-existing condition.
- Insufficient work history – Inability to demonstrate the necessary length of service or contributions required for eligibility for a disability pension.
- Missed deadlines – Failure to meet crucial deadlines for submitting the application, providing supporting documents, or appealing a denial.
- Inadequate medical evaluation – There may have been a biased medical assessment conducted by the pension system's appointed doctors, which may downplay or overlook the severity of the disability.
An experienced attorney can help you build a strong case and help you navigate the claims process. If your claim is denied, an attorney can also gather additional evidence and represent you at all administrative hearings during the appeals process. Our firm is ready to fight for the benefits you deserve.
We Will Take on NY State or NYC to Obtain Civil Service Disability Money That Is Rightfully Yours
Perhaps you already have a denied civil service disability claim on your hands and you are getting nowhere trying to deal with intimidating pension administrators. With an aggressive New York civil servant lawyer at your side, the likelihood of finally getting your Brooklyn civil service pension payments will finally improve. We will also make any Social Security Disability, workers compensation and negligence lawsuit claims that apply to your injury or illness disability.
From Civil Disability Application to Settlement, We're Your Reliable NY Civil Servant Legal Team
If you've worked hard for the State of New York, NYC or the surrounding municipalities, let our 90 years of experience go to work for you. You have earned the financial support and peace of mind that a successful civil service pension claim can bring. Our legal opponents know how much attention to detail we apply to each and every case, and that we intend to win, which is why they typically make a favorable settlement offer to our clients instead of facing us in court. With us in your corner, you'll be in skilled hands.
Call Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP at (718) 395-5056 or contact us online for a free evaluation. We also represent Brooklyn union members and offer full-service legal representation for every claim or lawsuit you should file.
Our Brooklyn Offices
180 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Livingston Street Office: Take Flatbush Avenue either direction to Livingston Street. (T intersection). Head west on Livingston Street toward Gallatin Place. Our office will be on your left.
2053 Flatbush Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11234
Flatbush Ave Office: If coming from the north or south, take Flatbush Ave; if coming from the east or west, take Flatlands Ave to Flatbush Ave. Our office is on the northeast side of Flatbush Avenue between Troy Ave and Baughman Place.