Injury to Children
Was Your Child Injured Due to Someone Else's Negligence? Call a Fearless NY Child Injury Lawyer
Having opened our personal injury law firm over 90 years ago, we have seen a broad range of tragic injuries to New York children. As parents ourselves, we understand what you're going through if your child was injured in any way. Though kids can be hurt in countless situations, several common injuries to youngsters often bring distressed parents to us for legal help. They include:
- Playground injuries, when playground property owners are responsible
- Defective child car seat, with any resulting injuries being the manufacturer's fault
- Car accident injuries, due to issues such as distracted drivers, drunk drivers or faulty brakes
- Dangerous or toxic toys, in which the toy maker is responsible for child injuries
- Swimming pool drowning, wherein the property owner who didn't have proper fencing is liable
- Child dog bites, in which case the owner's premises accidents liability insurance should cover costs
- An irresponsible, or even violent, childcare provider who is negligent or injures a child
- A negligent daycare, nursery school or preschool owner that caused premises accident injuries
NY Kids are Hurt by Playground Injuries, Faulty Car Seats, Hazardous Toys and Dog Bites Every Day
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, each year across the United States, emergency rooms treat over 200,000 kids under age 15 for playground-related injuries. Nearly half of reported playground injuries involve severely broken bones, concussions, dislocated joints and limb amputations. Most take place in public playgrounds, schools and daycare centers.
The CDC also reports that children are more vulnerable to dog bites than adults, because they are less able to judge whether it's an angry dog approaching, and they may get bitten while trying to pet it. Tens of thousands of people need reconstructive surgery after being disfigured due to dog bite injuries. Then there are defective car seats, malfunctioning booster seats or poorly designed child safety restraint systems, which claim young lives each year. They may have a broken buckle, don't stay secure in the car seat belts or had vague instructions so they were not installed properly. The result can be children thrown out of their boosters in traffic collisions, suffering severe car accident injuries or even death.
Because many of our attorneys are parents themselves, we fully understand the pain, anger and worry you're feeling if your child was hurt due to another person's negligence, recklessness or violence. Call Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP toll-free today at (800) 692-3717 or contact us online for a free evaluation. Every conversation is confidential and personalized, and there is no obligation. We serve the entire NYC area, including Long Island, Rockland County and Westchester County.