Robbed or Assaulted on Someone Else's Property? Call a Fierce New York Negligent Security Attorney Today
When we are away from home, whether traveling, doing errands or meeting friends for dinner, the last thing we expect is to become a victim of a mugging, robbery, assault and battery, or sexual assault. But these crimes happen in New York too often, and especially at night. The perpetrator who attacked you may not be the only negligent party associated with your ordeal. The property owner where the crime took place may also be at fault due to poor security.
Premises liability cases often stem from negligent security, causing everything from violent assault injuries and robbery to slip and fall and electrocution accidents to unfenced swimming pool drownings.
Negligent security exists in countless types of situations and locations, including:
Bad Security Could Be the Reason You Were Attacked—Let Us Fight For Your Justice!
Inadequate security takes many forms:
- Low lighting or broken light bulbs
- Defective door locks or unlocked building entrances
- No security cameras
- Broken surveillance cameras
- Dark or poorly lit parking lots
- Security guard asleep
- Not enough security guards
- Poorly trained security guards
- Selling alcohol to intoxicated patrons who later assault someone
- No warning signage in dangerous conditions, such as "Live Wires"
- Failure to rope off or otherwise denote a hazardous area within a building, such as "Wet Floor"
- Ignoring a pattern of violence in specific areas, despite complaints by tenants and neighbors
- No fencing or insufficient fencing around swimming pools, to prevent child drowning
How a negligent security attorney can help
Negligent security claims are rarely open and shut. It’s usually necessary to prove that the property owner was aware or should have been aware of the risk of a crime on the premises and didn’t take appropriate steps to secure the premises. This requires an in-depth investigation, poring over documents, and reconstructing what the owner should have known and when they should have known it. We know how to gather the evidence needed for a successful negligent security settlement.
We also know how to establish the full extent of your damages (financial compensation) for the incident and advocate for maximum value in an inadequate security settlement or lawsuit. Getting legal recourse after a crime on someone else’s property is complicated. We have the experience and resources to fight for a better result.
If you were assaulted or attacked, or if you lost a loved one due to a negligent wrongful death on someone else's property, call Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP today at (800) 692-3717 or contact us online for a free evaluation. Every conversation is completely confidential and personalized, and there is no obligation. We help New York negligent security victims throughout NYC, as well as Rockland County, Westchester, and Long Island.