Office Locations v

Long Island Civil Service Disability Pensions

Disabled Civil Servant Who Can't Work Anymore? Call a Long Island Civil Service Disability Lawyer

Anyone who works for the State of New York, New York City or other New York municipalities may be eligible for civil service disability pension payments if he or she is unable to work due to a disease, illness or injury. If you have to leave your job because of an accident injury or disability, as a New York civil servant, you should be able to draw benefits from either New York State and local retirement coverage or the New York City Retirement System. Sadly, being eligible for civil service disability benefits and collecting them are two very different issues, as the process of applying and obtaining payments can be complicated and lengthy. Unless you have a Long Island civil servant attorney fighting for your rights, you will probably have your Civil Service claim denied. Intimidating pension administrators will often delay or reject a claim. But with an experienced attorney on your side, you can improve your chances of getting desired results.

We'll Work Hard to Ensure You Get All the Long Island Civil Service Disability Payments Owed to You

For over 80 years, we've been giving Long Island civil servants the powerful legal representation they need to navigate the civil service disability claim system. When simply understanding municipal disability pensions is so difficult and knowing which types of civil service disability claims apply to which cases is nearly impossible, you need the help of an experienced civil servant attorney. We will explain why and how your benefits depend on your specific "Tier," according to your job type, employment history and retirement group. We also look into possible workers compensation, Social Security Disability and negligence lawsuit claims you might be able to concurrently pursue.

Let a Tough NY Civil Servant Lawyer Pursue Your Civil Service Disability Pension Benefits!

If you've been a State of New York employee or worked in NYC or surrounding municipalities, put our 80 years of knowledge and successful claims to work for you now that you are unable to earn a living. Our opponents know how much attention to detail we invest in each Civil Service case, and that we intend to win. They therefore usually make a very favorable settlement offer to our clients rather than face us in court. So with us in your corner, you'll be in the hands of experienced attorneys.

Call Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP toll-free at (631) 348-1668 in Suffolk County and (516) 742-3636 in Nassau County or contact us online for a free evaluation. We also represent Long Island union members and offer full-service legal representation for every worker claim or lawsuit you should file.

Suffolk County
500 Express Dr S
Suite 100
Brentwood, NY 11717
(631) 348-1668
View page


Our office is located right off I-495 in Brentwood, NY. From I-495 W, take exit 53 and follow Long Island Expressway North Service Road for about 2 miles, then take a left onto Commack Road and another left onto South Service Road. Follow South Service Road for about a mile and a half. Our office will be on your right.

Nassau County
25 Newbridge Rd., Ste. 203
Hicksville, NY 11801
(516) 742-3636
View page


By Car: Long Island Expressway (I-495) to Exit 41 South or Northern State Parkway to Exit 35 South. Drive south on Broadway for approximately 1 mile, then slight right onto Jerusalem Avenue. Turn right onto West Barclay Street. Our office will be on the left.
By Train: Take the Main Line to Hicksville Station on Newbridge Road. From the train station, walk east and cross Newbridge Road. Our office is the first building you will see on the left, on the corner of Newbridge Road and W. Barclay Street.