Albany Personal Injury Lawyer
Injured In An Albany Accident? Our Law Firm Can Help You Win Your Case
Personal injury accidents in Albany often result in serious injuries. A distracted driver can cause a serious car accident on the New York State Thruway (I-87) or Interstate 90. Other times, texting drivers cause severe rear-end accidents on Washington Avenue or another busy street in downtown Albany. Slip and fall accidents also regularly occur on icy sidewalks near the Times Union Center or The Egg, especially during cold winter months.
Whatever type of personal injury accident you're dealing with in Albany, make sure you take your case seriously right from the start. Make sure you contact an Albany NY personal injury lawyer who understands how the system works and knows how to get results. Make sure you contact Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP. Our knowledgeable legal team has decades of experience handling complicated injury accidents throughout New York. For more than 80 years, our law firm has been the one many injury victims turn to when they need results after their accident.
A personal injury accident can leave you seriously hurt
When people are hurt in an accident in Albany, they can suffer:
- Head and brain injuries – These can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBI). TBIs can cause a variety of long-term problems, including memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and personality changes.
- Neck and spine injuries – Whiplash is a common injury that can cause pain, stiffness, and headaches. Herniated discs can cause pain, numbness, and weakness in the arms or legs. Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis.
- Back injuries – These can range from minor muscle strains to severe fractures. Back injuries can cause pain, stiffness, and mobility issues.
- Broken bones – Fractures can occur in any part of the body, but they are most common in the arms, legs, and feet. Broken bones can cause pain, swelling, and bruising.
- Internal injuries – Organs in the body can be injured by blunt force trauma, such as a car accident, or by penetrating trauma from an object piercing the body.
- Burns – These can be caused by heat, chemicals, or electricity. Burns can range from mild to severe, causing pain, redness, and even scarring.
Get the compensation you deserve
As a result of your injury, you may have required surgery, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy, and home health care. Medical expenses can add up quickly, leading to financial stress.
If a negligent party caused the accident that left you hurt, you deserve financial compensation for the damages you suffered. This includes compensation for current and future medical expenses, lost wages if you couldn’t work, and other damages such as pain and suffering.
But the claims process can be complicated. Negligent parties deny doing anything wrong. And insurance companies are not on your side. Their goal is to try to find ways to pay you as little as possible. Insurance companies handle these types of claims every day, and they have the advantage. We can level the playing field.
Why You Need An Albany Personal Injury Attorney
You might think you don't need a lawyer if you were injured in an accident caused by someone else's reckless or negligent behavior. All you have to do is contact your insurance company and they will take care of everything, right? Don't be so sure. In many cases, insurance companies will do everything they can to reduce or deny your accident claim. And since you will likely only receive one settlement or verdict for your accident, you need to make sure you have all the money you will need for your accident-related expenses throughout your lifetime.
That's why you need our legal team on our side. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies. They don't intimidate us. And we're not afraid to take them to court if necessary if they refuse to cooperate. Our attorneys have decades of courtroom experience. That's why we have such a strong track record of success. We prepare every case for trial. And we take the time to build a strong legal case. We carefully review accident reports. We consult with experts in their field. We leave no stone unturned in pursuit of justice. Find out how our attorneys can help you with your Albany personal injury accident. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation at our Albany office.
120 State Street
Albany, NY 12207
By Car: Take Exit 3 on Interstate 787 for US Route 9 South, US Route 20 East toward Rensselaer/Empire Plaza. Keep right and follow signs for Empire Plaza. Merge onto South Mall Arterial. Turn right onto South Swan Street. Turn right onto State Street. Turn left onto Eagle Street. Turn right onto State Street. The office is on your right.
By Train or Bus: (From the Albany, Rensselaer train station) Head south towards East Street. Turn left onto East Street. At East Street and Herrick Street, take the 114 West bus four stops to Broadway and State Street. Head south on Broadway toward State Street. Turn right on State Street. Turn left on South Pearl Street. Turn right on State Street. Destination will be on your left.