Westchester County Workers Compensation Lawyer
Workplace Injury in Westchester County? A Tough Workers Compensation Lawyer Will Fight For Your Justice
For over 90 years, we've been helping job injury victims in Westchester County who may need medical treatment, surgery, vocational rehabilitation or who are disabled due to the injury and can't go back to work. If you came to this page, it may be because you have a debilitating job-related illness or injury from a construction site accident in Westchester County, healthcare worker accident or a continuous motion or repetitive stress injury. You've come to the right place.
The Westchester County Law Office of Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP is known for the powerful workers compensation attorneys on its staff, who bring decades of experience in successfully obtaining significant workers compensation claim settlements for clients. If you were injured in a job accident injury or have one of many long-term workplace illnesses or occupational diseases New Yorkers can contract-from asbestos exposure and mesothelioma to work-related cancer-we can help.
The workers’ compensation claims process is complicated
It should be simple. You’ve been hurt in a workplace accident in Westchester County and need medical treatment. Your claim is processed and you get the benefits you are qualified to receive. But there’s a lot more to it. In order to get benefits, you need to:
- Notify your employer about the injury or illness as soon as possible. Provide details about how and when the injury occurred and any witnesses present.
- Obtain medical care for your injuries and follow the prescribed treatment plan.
- Complete and submit Form C-3 to the New York Workers' Compensation Board within two years from the date of the injury.
- Collect and organize documents related to your injury, such as medical records, accident reports, witness statements, and any other supporting evidence.
- Go to any independent medical examinations (IMEs) scheduled by the insurance carrier to evaluate your condition.
If your claim is disputed or denied, you may need to attend hearings before an administrative law judge and present additional evidence that supports your claim for benefits.
An experienced Westchester County workers’ compensation attorney can help
A workers' compensation lawyer can guide you through the claims process every step of the way so you can focus on getting better. Your attorney can:
- gather medical records, employment records, witness statements, and other necessary documentation
- handle all the necessary paperwork, including filing the claim, completing forms, and ensuring that all documents are submitted correctly and on time
- negotiate with insurance companies on a settlement that meets your needs
- represent you at hearings before administrative law judges and appeals before the Workers’ Compensation Board
- protect your rights and fight for your best interests.
Our firm has been fighting for injured workers in New York for a long time. We know the workers’ compensation laws and how the system works. Our attorneys work with you to put together a strong case for benefits and are determined to help you get the best possible outcome.
Relentless Westchester Workplace Accident Lawyers Who Know the Law Inside and Out
As long-established Westchester County on-the-job accident attorneys, we're not afraid of fast-talking insurance adjusters who offer a low-ball settlement just to get you to go away. They know we're a formidable force in court and typically will go to a much higher number long before going to trial against us. In addition, we handle civil service disability pension claims for New York state, city and municipal employees, such as sanitation workers, law enforcement or public transportation employees. We're also union-friendly and help union members who got injured at work. And we have experience handling personal injury and Social Security Disability claims.
Contact a Reputable, Diligent Westchester County Workers Compensation Lawyer Today
If you’ve been hurt at the workplace, you may not be sure what to do next. We can meet with you to discuss what happened, go over your options, and answer any questions you have.
Don't take on a Westchester County workers compensation case alone. If you were injured, let the relentless work accident attorneys at the Westchester County Law Offices of Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP help you recover the compensation you are due. Call us today at (914) 328-8500 or contact us online for a free evaluation. Every conversation is confidential and there is no obligation.
1 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
By Car: Take the Tappan Zee Bridge to Rte 287. Get off Rte 287 at Exit 6. Make a right turn onto North Broadway and stay on until Hamilton Ave. Make a right turn onto Hamilton Ave and park in either the municipal garage OR take the Bronx River Parkway northbound to Exit 21 - Main Street. At end of ramp right turn onto Main Street - East Galleria Mall.
By Train: Take the Metro North to White Plains stop. From White Plains train station to the office, walk past taxi waiting area to the top of the small hill. Make a right, walk half a block and make a left onto Hamilton Avenue. Walk approximately 8 blocks to North Broadway and make a right. A taxi ride from the station to the office will cost approximately $5.00.