Social Security Disability Lawyer in Westchester County
Rejected SSD Application in Westchester County? Call a Reliable Social Security Disability Lawyer Today
Social Security Disability law is extremely complicated, and the SSD claim process is often just too much for a disabled, sick or injured Westchester County worker to take on. Whether you have a workplace illness or are disabled due to another personal injury, we can go after the SSD payments that are rightfully yours. For more than 80 years, we've been helping disabled, injured or ill New Yorkers just like you file their application for SSD benefits, fight denied Social Security Disability claims and even take Westchester County SSD cases through the full appeals process. Because opponents don't want to face us in court, however, clients are usually awarded excellent settlements before it ends up in an SSD hearing.
Do I qualify for an SSD claim in Westchester County?
There are certain work requirements that you need to meet before your claim can be considered. You must also suffer from a medical condition or requirement that is covered by Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. These conditions can be physical, mental, or a combination of both. Some common examples include:
- musculoskeletal disorders such as back injuries, arthritis, and joint disorders that significantly limit a person's mobility and ability to work
- severe heart conditions, such as chronic heart failure, coronary artery disease, and congenital heart defects, if they cause significant impairment and functional limitations
- chronic respiratory conditions like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and lung diseases that severely impact breathing and oxygen intake
- neurological disorders such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and other neurological impairments that cause substantial limitations in physical or cognitive functioning
- serious mental health conditions, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and severe anxiety disorders
- certain types of cancer, especially those that are advanced or inoperable
- autoimmune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, HIV/AIDS, and other immune system disorders that cause significant impairment and functional limitations
- conditions that result in chronic pain, such as fibromyalgia, chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS), and other chronic pain disorders.
There are also other considerations, such as your ability to perform substantial gainful activity (work) and the duration of the illness or impairment.
How an SSD lawyer can help
The SSD claims process can be complicated and there’s a lot that can go wrong. An experienced attorney can help you complete the application accurately, ensuring that all required information is included and deadlines are met. A lawyer can also help collect all the necessary medical records, test results, and documentation of your impairments.
An attorney can handle all communications with the Social Security Administration (SSA), represent you at all hearings, and help you navigate the appeals process if your claim for benefits is denied. At our firm, we are dedicated to helping get the best outcome possible.
Let a Determined Westchester County Social Security Disability Lawyer Negotiate Your SSD Case For You
Whether you have injuries from being assaulted, an accident on the job or you discovered you have one of the numerous long-term workplace illnesses or occupational diseases New Yorkers contract-such as asbestosis, silicosis, and mesothelioma-call us. And if you're going through tough economic times and can't pay your rent or mortgage, we can pursue Supplemental Security Income compensation for you too. We will work diligently to obtain every SSI or SSD payment you are owed by government. We also handle veterans disability benefits and civil service disability pension cases, in addition to representing union members who can't do their job due to injury, disability or disease.
You've Worked Hard For Years-Now Let an Aggressive Westchester County Lawyer Work For Your Justice
You've been a loyal worker your entire life and have paid into the SSD system with each paycheck you brought home. Now you need help in return due to a workplace injury, personal injury due to someone else's negligence or a debilitating chronic disease that has you laid up. Now's the time to call a hard-working SSD lawyer in Westchester County who will go to bat for your rights. Call us today at (914) 328-8500 or contact us online for a free evaluation. There is no obligation, and you don't pay a thing unless you win your SSD claim!
1 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
By Car: Take the Tappan Zee Bridge to Rte 287. Get off Rte 287 at Exit 6. Make a right turn onto North Broadway and stay on until Hamilton Ave. Make a right turn onto Hamilton Ave and park in either the municipal garage OR take the Bronx River Parkway northbound to Exit 21 - Main Street. At end of ramp right turn onto Main Street - East Galleria Mall.
By Train: Take the Metro North to White Plains stop. From White Plains train station to the office, walk past taxi waiting area to the top of the small hill. Make a right, walk half a block and make a left onto Hamilton Avenue. Walk approximately 8 blocks to North Broadway and make a right. A taxi ride from the station to the office will cost approximately $5.00.