Westchester County Construction Accident Lawyer
Diligent Westchester County Construction Injury Lawyers Who Fight For Workers' Rights
Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP is known for its workers compensation and construction injury lawsuit successes. For more than 90 years, we've been winning settlements for injured sandhogs, mechanics, carpenters, welders, plumbers, utility workers, foremen and electricians, and those injured on building sites. Construction workers risk their lives on the job every day. Insurance adjusters are famous for downplaying Westchester County construction worker injuries, including extremely serious conditions like traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, debilitating back injuries and broken bones requiring surgery.
How Westchester County workers get hurt on construction sites
Construction sites are dangerous workplaces, and an accident can happen at any time. Some common ways that construction workers get hurt on the job include:
- falls from scaffolding, ladders, roofs, or elevated surfaces
- being struck by falling objects, such as tools, equipment, or building materials
- accidents involving construction machinery, such as cranes, forklifts, excavators, or power tools
- exposure to live electricity through exposed wiring or electrical systems
- trench collapses, which can bury workers
- slipping and falling on slippery surfaces, uneven ground, or debris
- vehicle accidents involving trucks or heavy machinery
- lifting heavy objects or using vibrating tools repeatedly
- exposure to hazardous chemicals or substances
These are just some examples, and there are other potential hazards in the construction industry that can result in injuries. When construction workers are hurt on the job, they deserve workers’ compensation benefits. But the claims process can be complicated and many claims are denied.
How can a workers’ compensation lawyer help me in Westchester County?
Our attorneys understand the impact a construction accident injury can have on victims and their families. We can handle everything with your claim so you can focus on getting better. Our lawyers can:
- collect and organize all relevant documentation, including medical records, accident reports, witness statements, and employment records
- help you complete and submit the necessary paperwork accurately and within the specified deadlines
- negotiate with the employer’s insurance company to reach a settlement that meets your needs
- help you navigate the appeals process if your claim is denied
- work closely with doctors and other medical professionals to ensure you are receiving appropriate medical treatment and rehabilitation services
- help you access vocational rehabilitation services if you are unable to return to your previous job
- evaluate your situation to determine if you are eligible for additional benefits, such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Our workers' compensation lawyers know how the system works and what it takes to move your claim forward. We can guide you through the entire process, keep you updated on the progress of your claim, and answer any questions that you have.
Construction Site Injuries Can Be Catastrophic-Call a Tough Westchester County Personal Injury Attorney
Throughout New York, construction accident injuries take place every day. If you are the main breadwinner in your family and construction injuries are keeping you off the job, the well-being of your dependents is threatened as well. But because we know workers compensation law and New York scaffolding law inside and out, we know how to successfully pursue construction injury settlements. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that laborers suffer the most job-related injuries and illnesses in the country. With so many construction projects underway in Westchester County, injured construction workers call us more than any other Westchester County employee.
When you are getting medical treatment and trying to recover from your injury, it can be difficult to think about the paperwork involved in a workers’ compensation claim. That’s why it’s important to get an experienced attorney on your side.
Let Our Powerful Workers Comp Lawyers Go After the Construction Injury Settlement You Deserve!
OSHA safety violations, inadequate protective gear and dangerous working conditions can cause grave injuries, from defective heavy equipment injuries and falling off scaffolding to machinery accidents, and building collapse injuries. If you were injured on a construction site accident injury, or if you lost a loved one in a Westchester County construction injury wrongful death, we will pursue workers compensation benefits and wrongful death benefits for you. Call us toll-free at (914) 328-8500 or contact us online for a free evaluation so we can help. Every conversation is personalized and confidential, and we're on your side.
1 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
By Car: Take the Tappan Zee Bridge to Rte 287. Get off Rte 287 at Exit 6. Make a right turn onto North Broadway and stay on until Hamilton Ave. Make a right turn onto Hamilton Ave and park in either the municipal garage OR take the Bronx River Parkway northbound to Exit 21 - Main Street. At end of ramp right turn onto Main Street - East Galleria Mall.
By Train: Take the Metro North to White Plains stop. From White Plains train station to the office, walk past taxi waiting area to the top of the small hill. Make a right, walk half a block and make a left onto Hamilton Avenue. Walk approximately 8 blocks to North Broadway and make a right. A taxi ride from the station to the office will cost approximately $5.00.