Social Security Disability Lawyer in Manhattan
Dedicated, Knowledgeable Social Security Disability Attorneys in Manhattan Fighting For Your Rights
We know Social Security Disability law inside and out and, for over 90 years, have been helping injured and disabled New Yorkers like you to obtain the SSD benefits they have coming to them. We'll help you with everything from applying for SSD benefits to fighting a denied Social Security Disability claim, including going to court on your behalf if that's what it takes to get you the SSD payments you deserve. If you are unable to work because of an accident on the job, assault and battery injuries, or you developed one of the long-term workplace illnesses or occupational diseases often found in New York workers, such as mesothelioma or silicosis, call us today. We also handle veterans disability benefits and civil service disability pension cases, as well as helping union members who can't work due to an injury, illness or disability.
Do I qualify for Social Security disability benefits?
There are a wide range of medical conditions that may qualify for a Social Security disability claim. They include:
- Musculoskeletal disorders – For example, back injuries, arthritis, fibromyalgia, or joint disorders that result in significant limitations in mobility and functioning.
- Cardiovascular disorders – Congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, heart failure, or other conditions that significantly impair heart function and limit daily activities.
- Respiratory disorders – These include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, or other chronic conditions that cause significant breathing difficulties and impairments.
- Neurological disorders – These include multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, or traumatic brain injury (TBI) that result in significant cognitive or physical impairments.
- Mental health disorders – Severe mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that substantially limit a person's ability to function in a work environment.
- Cancer – Certain types of cancer, such as lung cancer, breast cancer, leukemia, or lymphoma, may qualify for disability benefits, especially if they are advanced or recurrent.
In order for a claim to be successful, the medical condition or impairment must meet the specific medical criteria set by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
How can an SSD lawyer help my claim?
You are not required to have a lawyer when filing a claim for SSD benefits. But the claims process can be very complicated. A missed deadline or failure to provide supporting documentation can result in your claim being denied. An experienced attorney can:
- Gather relevant medical records, diagnostic tests, and other supporting documentation to strengthen your claim
- Develop a strong case based on medical evidence, statements from healthcare providers, and supporting documentation
- Ensure all necessary forms in the application process are completed accurately and submitted on time
- Communicate with the Social Security Administration (SSA) on your behalf, and handle any correspondence
- Consult medical or vocational experts to provide testimony that supports your disability claim, if needed
- Negotiate a settlement with the SSA that meets your needs
- Help you file an appeal if your claim is denied, gather additional evidence, and prepare your case for an administrative hearing
Let a Determined Manhattan Social Security Disability Lawyer Help You Get Your Life Back
The tireless Social Security Disability lawyers at Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP have a long history of recouping compensation for their disabled, ill and injured clients who can't work. We also offer powerful legal representation to New Yorkers who are simply struggling economically and need Supplemental Security Income to help pay the bills. We will stand up to the Social Security Administration on your behalf, and go after every SSD or SSI penny the government owes you.
Call a No-Nonsense SSD Lawyer in Manhattan Who Will Go After the Benefits You Deserve
You've worked hard your entire life and have paid into the SSD system with every paycheck. Now you need help in return due to a workplace injury, personal injury due to someone else's negligence or a debilitating chronic disease that has you laid up. Now's the time to call a hard-working SSD lawyer in Manhattan who will fight for your rights. Call us today at (212) 341-7900 or contact us online for a free evaluation. There is no obligation and you don't pay a thing until you win your SSD claim!
551 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10176
By Car: Take 5th Avenue four blocks south of St. Patrick's Cathedral. Our office is between 45th and 46th Street.
By Train: Take the 7 to 5th Avenue; or the B, D, F, or M to 47-50 Streets - Rockefeller Center.