Social Security Disability Lawyer in Rockland County
SSD Application Denied in Rockland County? A Trusted Social Security Disability Lawyer Can Help
Social Security Disability law is confusing and complicated, and navigating the SSD claim process is frequently overwhelming for sick, disabled or injured Rockland County workers. If you're laid up with a chronic illness or workplace disease or you're disabled due to some other type of personal injury, we will pursue any SSD payments that are rightfully yours. For more than eight decades, Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP has been going to bat for disabled, ill or injured New Yorkers like you who need help filing their SSD benefits application or fighting denied Social Security Disability claims. Opponents know we're prepared to take any Rockland County SSD case to trial but since the government lawyers don't want to face us in court, they typically offer our clients outstanding settlements before it becomes an SSD hearing.
Do I qualify for SSD benefits?
There are certain work requirements that must be met before you can file a claim for Social Security disability benefits. You must also have been diagnosed with a medical condition that meets the Social Security Administration (SSA) criteria. Covered conditions include:
- musculoskeletal disorders (arthritis, back injuries, and joint disorders)
- cardiovascular conditions (heart disease, chronic heart failure, or coronary artery disease)
- respiratory disorders (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, or lung cancer)
- neurological disorders (multiple sclerosis (MS), epilepsy, or Parkinson's disease)
- mental health conditions (depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia)
- immune system disorders (HIV/AIDS, lupus, or rheumatoid arthritis)
- chronic pain disorders (fibromyalgia or chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS))
- digestive system disorders (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, or liver disease)
- vision and hearing loss (significant vision or hearing impairment that affects daily functioning).
But in order to start receiving SSD benefits, you must file a claim. And there is no guarantee that it will be approved.
Why are SSD claims denied?
The Social Security disability claims process is complex. There are several steps that require careful attention to detail. Failing to fully follow all these steps can result in a denial of your claim. SSD claims are denied because of:
- Lack of medical documentation or evidence to support the severity and limitations caused by the claimed impairments.
- Failure to meet the disability criteria outlined by the SSA's Blue Book, which lists impairments that automatically qualify for disability benefits.
- A determination by the SSA that you still have the ability to perform some type of work based on residual functional capacity.
- Failure to follow prescribed medical treatment without a valid reason.
- Insufficient work credits or failure to meet the recent work history requirement.
- Earning above the substantial gainful activity (SGA) limit.
- Not providing requested information, failing to attend medical exams, or not attending scheduled interviews or hearings.
- A determination that your medical condition has improved and you are no longer disabled.
- A disputed diagnosis or doubt about the severity of your impairment.
- Failure to follow prescribed vocational rehabilitation.
The circumstances of each claim are unique, but there’s a lot of work that needs to be done in order for your claim to be successful. That’s why you need an experienced SSD lawyer working for you.
Let a Tenacious Rockland County Social Security Disability Lawyer Handle Your SSD Case
No matter what brought you to us-an accident on the job, a slip and fall injury, or one of the many long-term workplace illnesses and occupational diseases New Yorkers are exposed to at work-such as silicosis, asbestosis or mesothelioma-we can help. And if you're facing economic hardship and can't pay basic expenses such as the mortgage or food bills, we will pursue Supplemental Security Income compensation on your behalf as well. We work tirelessly for our clients to obtain every SSI or SSD payment that is owed by the government. We also serve veterans disability benefits and civil service disability pension applicants, in addition to union members who can't go to work due to injury, disability or disease.
After Working Hard Your Whole Life, You Can Depend on a Tough Rockland County Lawyer
Every day that you've worked for other companies or organizations, you've put your hard earned money into the SSD system. Now that you need help in return due to an injury or a debilitating chronic disease that has you laid up, it's time to call a hard-working SSD lawyer in Rockland County who will go to bat for your justice. Call us today at (845) 369-3200 or contact us online for a free evaluation. There is no obligation, and you don't pay a thing until you win your SSD case!
369 South Main Street
New City, NY 10956
By Car: Exit 13N on New York State Thruway (Palisades Parkway). Head North on Palisades to Exit 10. Head North on County Road 33 (S. Little Tor Road) to County Road 76 (Collyer Avenue). Make right on Collyer Avenue to South Main Street. Make right on South Main Street, 369 is on right.