Common Workplace Accidents
Relentless New York Workers' Comp Lawyers Who Will Help You Recover From Job Injuries
Work injuries happen when you least expect them, often when you're doing a task you've been doing on the job for years. That solvent you use every day could spill, causing you to suffer an acute headache and dizziness. After years of working as a contractor, with no construction site injuries, you could lose your balance and fall off a ladder, resulting in numerous broken bones. The delivery van you drive every day may suddenly be rear-ended on your way back to the warehouse, causing you a severe neck injury.
The consequences of a work injury can last a lifetime. That’s why you need the right workplace accident attorney to advocate for full compensation.
What are the most common workplace accidents?
We represent New Yorkers hurt in all types of accidents in the workplace. Here are just a few common New York job accidents of the many that occur each year:
- Falls from heights – especially in construction work, falls from heights are far too common in New York because construction projects often span multiple floors.
- Work-related car accidents – all it takes is one negligent driver to cause a car crash while you’re on the job or traveling between job sites.
- Toxic chemical spills – in manufacturing, cleaning, and other workplaces, toxic chemicals can cause severe burns and other injuries.
- Welding accidents – welders are vulnerable to burns, electrical injuries, and other serious injuries.
- Crane accidents – cranes are an everyday sight in New York City, and a collapse or lost load can cause severe injuries.
- Tunnel worker accidents – collapsing tunnels and other accidents can be deadly, and tunnel workers are also exposed to many hazardous substances.
- Utility worker accidents – utility workers can be seriously hurt in falls, collapses, and other accidents above and below ground.
- Falling object accidents – in New York, heavy objects are often many floors above ground, potentially leading to severe injuries.
- Electrocution accidents – electrical workers and construction workers who use energized equipment are quite vulnerable to electrocution.
- Fatal workplace accidents – families of workers killed on the job have access to workers’ compensation death benefits.
Any serious work accident requires thorough investigation and relentless advocacy. Our workplace accident attorneys know how to get to the bottom of what happened to you, including poring over workplace accident reports and other documents, interviewing witnesses, and securing physical evidence. Then, we will create a legal strategy to fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Severe Work Accidents Need a Fearless Workers' Comp Lawyer to Fight For Justice
If you were injured in an accident at work, don't take on workers comp insurance companies alone. Typically, claims adjusters under-compensate workers by pressuring them to agree to a "low-ball" offer that won't cover the medical procedures, lost wages, vocational rehabilitation, or psychological therapy they may need to return to work. But with us by your side, you'll have an attorney who knows workers' compensation law inside and out and OSHA regulations.
If you lost a loved one due to a workplace fatality, we can help you pursue wrongful death benefits. Our experience also includes representing union members. Call the Law Offices of Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP today toll-free at (800) 692-3717 or contact us online for a free evaluation. Every discussion is confidential, and we serve New York City and nearby communities.
We fight hard for the rights of every client so that everything from lost wages to hospital bills to vocational rehabilitation is covered. Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP-the compassionate, diligent New York personal injury legal team you want on your side.