Why You May Have a Work Injury
NYC Job Injuries Can Be Tough to Identify and to Admit-but You Deserve Compensation!
It doesn't matter what you do or where you work-welding on a construction site, administrative work in an office, nursing at a hospital or laying cable underground-the pain or illness you have could be due to on-the-job injuries. While severe job-site accidents cause obvious workplace injuries, some work-related pain or illness comes on so gradually it can be difficult to know if it was really caused by your work. If you've had a job for a long period, however, you may not pay attention to a nagging ailment such as subtle but recurring back injury, occasional dizziness, chronic cough, sore knees or swollen wrists. But your health problem may have everything to do with your work-and we will help you obtain fair compensation for it!
Don't Put Up With Job-Related Pain or Occupational Health Problems-Call Us Now
If you even suspect your injury or pain is associated with a job task or work environment, you need an aggressive New York Workers comp lawyer by your side, so call us today. We will assess your job-related pain or illness, and help New York job injury victims in all five boroughs and the surrounding region, from Montauk to Westchester to Staten Island.
According to New York workers compensation law, a work accident claim is defined as an injury or pathological process that affects an employee as a result of an occurrence at work. Pathological processes are occupational diseases workers get due to the nature of their work. They can take the form of any number of job-related conditions, including asbestosis, mesothelioma, silicosis, cancer and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Work Injuries Can Be Acute, Subtle or Chronic and Can Take Months or Years to Emerge
Even the most common workplace injuries can be hard to identify, such as:
- Hospital workplace injuries, from lifting patients every day and needle-stick contagions
- Repetitive stress injuries, due to continuous motions such as computer work and factory tasks
- Work-related car accidents, in which your delivery van got hit in a third-party workplace injury
- Electrocution accidents, when nerve damage may not be apparent for weeks or months
- Harmful exposure diseases, such as tunnel dust or construction industry chemicals or fumes
- Hearing and vision loss, which can be gradual, due to constant poor lighting or loud noises
- Sick building syndrome, if you've been unknowingly breathing toxins or germs in the air
Contact an Experienced, Tough New York Workers Comp Lawyer Who's On Your Side
It's one thing being injured at work but if you have dependent kids or are caring for elderly parents, an occupational injury could mean you have to take time off from work. That could result in lost wages and not being able to make ends meet. Call the Law Offices of Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP today at (800) 692-3717 or contact us online for a free evaluation.